DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION is one of the most common errors. This error typically results in a memory dump being taken and a blue screen of death. There are other reasons behind this error like long-running Deferred Procedure Call, damaged or out of date drivers, Malware infection, wrong installation of system components, outdated Windows and failing hardware components etc. In order to fix this error on your Windows 10 device, follow the solutions mentioned here.
Boot into the Safe Mode
You should boot into the safe mode by pursuing these instructions mentioned below:
- Long press on the Power key to switch off the system.
- Thereafter, hold the Power key once again to start the device.
- Once the Windows starts to boot, long-press the power key again.
- Now, redo this process two times, and you can input ‘Windows Recovery Environment’ into it.
- Then pick the ‘Advanced Settings’ option and choose Startup Settings.
- You should click on the Restart button.
- Once you reach the Startup Settings, hit the F5 or 5 key to enter ‘Safe Mode with Networking’ option.
Scan the System for Malware
You should scan the system for malware by pursuing these instructions mentioned below:
- Go to the Windows Search section on your system.
- Afterwards, insert ‘security’ into it and select the Windows security option.
- You should click on the ‘Virus & Threat protection’ option
- Then go to the ‘Scan Options’ button and click on it.
- Thereafter, click on the ‘Full scan’ option and choose the Scan now button.
Installing the Newest Windows Updates
You should install the newest Windows updates by pursuing these instructions mentioned below:
- Go to the Windows icon and right-click on it.
- After that, choose the Settings option.
- You should hit on the ‘Update & Security’ option.
- Then reach the ‘Check for updates’ option and click on it.
- You have to wait to finish the download process.
- Now, reboot the system.
You should update the drivers by pursuing these instructions mentioned below:
- Hit on the Windows icon and right-click on it.
- Then choose the Device Manager option.
- In case a few devices or drivers are performing incorrectly and will have a yellow exclamation sign. Right-click on them one by one and choose the Update Driver option.
- Thereafter, click on the ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’ and wait for it.
- If no driver has an exclamation sign then reach ‘graphics card driver’ and upgrade it anyway.
- Now, restart the PC.
Look for Damaged System Files
You should look for damaged system files by pursuing these instructions mentioned below:
- Hold the Windows and S buttons at the same time to launch the Search section.
- Afterwards, insert ‘cmd’ into it and select the OK button to open the Command Prompt.
- You should right-click on it and choose the ‘Run as administrator’ option.
- Then input ‘sfc /scannow’ into it and hit the Enter button.
- Now, allow the computer to run the repair itself.
- Finally, restart the system.