Do you want to type texts and emails in your native language instead of default language (English) on an iPhone or iPad? If yes, then you have landed on the right website to get the solution. In this article, we will be learning how to switch keyboard language on an iPad or iPhone. On iOS devices, the method of changing keyboard language is a bit more diverse than Android devices.
How to Insert a New Language Keyboard on iOS Devices
The iPhone doesn’t have all languages on its keyboard, but with a few tweaks, you can easily enable a new keyboard. Here’s how to change the keyboard language on iOS running equipment:
- First and foremost, go to Settings.
- Now make your way to the General option.
- Click on the Keyboard section.
- Now make your way to the “Keyboards” option.
- Head to Add Keyboard.
- Choose the keyboard language as per your desire from the available languages.
- Once you select a new language keyboard, it will be added to your default keyboards.
You can now customize your preferred keyboard list as per your desire. Just head to the Edit section and then remove keyboards that you don’t wish to use. You can arrange the keyboard list as well according to your wish. Here’s how to customize keyboard list on iPhone or iPad:
- Head to the Edit icon situated on the top-right corner of your screen.
- Next to a keyboard, you will see an icon, click and hold it to drag it.
- Release the listed keyboards in the list as per your wish.
This will make it easier for you to quickly switch to required keyboards while typing something.
How to Remove a Keyboard on iPad or iPhone
- Head to Settings.
- Then make your way to General.
- Head to the Keyboard section.
- Click on “Keyboards.”
- Tap on Add Keyboard.
- Navigate to the Edit button on the upper-right corner.
- Hit the “Minus” icon located next to the keyboard language that you wish to remove.
- Now select the Delete icon to continue.
Voila! You have successfully removed the keyboard from your iPad or iPhone.
How to Promptly Switch Keyboard Language on iOS
While chatting to somebody, you might want to type in a different language. On the other hand, when drafting an email, you might wish to use something else. To quickly change the language while typing on the iPhone or iPad, follow the instructions mentioned here:
- When you need to type somewhere on your device, such as in a messenger app, the keyboard will trigger on your device screen.
- You have to tap and hold the tiny “globe” button on the keyboard in the bottom left.
- A list of your preferred keyboard should trigger on the screen. You have to pick the keyboard that you wish to use.
- The keyboard will be changed to the language that you just chose.
You can now type in the desired language anywhere on your device at any time. All you have to do is press and hold the globe icon to change the keyboard on your iPad or iPhone. The method of switching keyboard language is the same in every app on your device.